Wednesday, January 23, 2013

taking the treat out of treatment. my new alopecia areata treatment plan.

my wonderful naturopath (seriously, she's amazing) has suggested i try many not so wonderful things since since she started treating my alopecia last year. examples of not so wonderful things include: rubbing onion juice on my head, applying an oil concoction to my head every night for 3 months, drinking horrible tinctures, not eating sugar, and so on. when she suggested i try an anti-inflammatory diet that involved cutting out awesome things like; gluten, dairy, soy, eggs and sugar, my initial response was no. i really like sugar. when she said it would only be for 3 weeks, it seemed bearable.

here's the new plan; i'm keeping up with all the stuff listed in this blog post here,
http://thealopeciaproject.blogspot.ca/2013/01/taking-stand-for-my-strands-my-current.html
and as of friday, for the next three weeks i'm officially gluten, dairy, soy, egg and sugar free. i can eat lots of veggies, chicken and limited fruit. i also have to continue drinking the blood cleanse tea that was made for me by my 300 year old herbalist. i describe the tea in the link above as well. my naturopath also recommended applying an anti-inflammatory cream twice a day instead of cortisone. deets listed below.

i know people eat healthy everyday. good for them! i'm not one of those people. i eat relatively healthy, but i definitely eat gluten + dairy + soy + eggs + sugar pretty much daily. it'll be tough, and will mean missing out on goodies at a baby shower, a couple of concerts, a work event and a retirement party, but hopefully it'll be worth it. i've spent the last couple of days trying to get myself and my fridge ready for it. i've also eaten a bit more candy than usual, just in case it doesn't taste as good in 3 weeks when the diet is over.

--

homemade vitamin d anti-inflammatory cream:
 combine:
- d-mulsion (genestra) 30ml
http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/D-Mulsion-1000-Liquid-Emulsified-Vitamin-D-by-Genestra.html
- cosmaderm (aor) 30g
http://www.aor.ca/html/products.php?id=47
- aloe vera cream (ferlow botanicals) 60ml
http://www.ferlowbotanicals.com/50.177.0.0.1.0.phtml?hashID=38mu54pdtnhkbn297nfs6310p2

mix products and store in an airtight container. apply 2x / day.
--

i'll keep y'all posted on how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I am curious as to how this all worked out for you??

    ReplyDelete